Wednesday 17 April 2013

Chicago 2011

I know, it's been a while since my last post. I definitely thought I'd be writing and showing my photos way more often than this but I do find it difficult to find the time to finally sit down, gather thoughts and pieces together and work on it. The first step is one of the toughest ones, it's deciding which photos of what events to write about [since I have so many to choose from]. My intention was to do it all in order with time but I just can't seem to find the time. I definitely will try to do it more often and maybe if I'll keep it shorter it will work. So let's get to where I should start.




It was July 2011 when my friend asked me if I'd be interested to go and visit her friends in Chicago for the weekend. We're from the Toronto area so that meant we would have to fly. She found a good deal on flights and I decided to join her. Somehow that summer turned into my travel summer, less than a month before Chicago I went to Germany [Munich]/Poland for a week, took lots of photos there. About a month after Chicago I ended up flying to St. John's, Nfld which I also loved. But for now let's just stick to the Chicago trip.




The first half of saturday I had all to myself since my friend decided to pay a visit to one of her old friends in the suburbs. I decided to go into the downtown alone and explore as much as I could. I find I see way more when I'm alone than when with company. The architecture in Chicago was amazing. Then next day I went back with my friend and a few local people we have met and learned the history behind the city and its architecture while on the water tour.




Unfortunately for a city like that two days are definitely not enough to see all I wanted to see. Downtown was pretty much all I saw but as I was passing through the other parts on the subway I knew that was the parts I definitely have to go back and explore. I want to see the local life in Chicago, not just the downtown where it's mostly tourists and people from the suburbs visiting. The architecture I have to admit is the one thing I am very happy I did see.




I did also see the poorer people in the area. That is what touched me the most. There were beautiful streets, architecture and attractions yet there was still part of the real life on the streets. It was sad in a way but in a way I was glad it was something I saw [and captured] in Chicago. Rather than seeing just the postcard beauty of the city I'm glad I captured what touched my heart there. I hope you enjoyed my views of Chicago.




See you sometime soon, I hope, Chicago!!!



To see more photos visit my facebook page, follow on twitter and www.DAniaFoto.com
If you're interested in any of my photos feel free to contact me at anne@daniafoto.com or check out my etsy store

All photos  © 2011 D'Ania Foto+ [Anne Nawrocka]

No comments:

Post a Comment